Yum: Hanoi’s Addictive Street Food
Oh boy, where do I begin? Northern Vietnam had hands down my favorite cuisine of the 20+ countries we visited over the past year (note: I do not feel it would be fair to include Italy in the running for ...
Cat Ba Island: Taking the Plunge
With our time in Vietnam running a bit short, and having gotten our exposure to the countryside and mountains on our motorbiking trip, and to city life with a few days in Hanoi, we decided what was missing was some ...
Motorbiking in Northeastern Vietnam
Before visiting Southeast Asia, we weren't big motorbiking enthusiasts; in fact, Claudia's motorbiking experience consisted entirely of a few anxiety-ridden hours in Europe many years ago, and mine consisted of crashing a small toy bike into a fence in Portland, ...
Monkey Business: Ziplining Through the Jungle in Laos
Our first stop in Laos was a three-day adventure in the Bolaven Plateau in the southern part of the country. After an all day bus trip from Phnom Penh (Cambodia), we crossed the border and arrived in Pakse, a sleepy ...
Hello and welcome to our sixth and likely final video dump. This one covers our time in Southeast Asia: Thailand, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. Enjoy!
First, here are two more videos of the election night celebration in Mandalay, Myanmar:
Next, a Thingyan (New Years celebration / water fight) stage in Yangon:
And now, a "graduation" party we came across where some novice Buddhist monks were celebrating finishing their time at the monastery:
A few seconds of peace with a butterfly patch in a field in northern Laos:
The Vietnamese love their caged birds, and here's one with a unique skill:
Finally, here's some fodder for the pub quiz: Hanoi has the world's largest ceramic mosaic. Here's a section of it (with bonus motorbikes and assorted street traffic):
- We are never moving again. We'll just have to buy up neighboring units until our condo is the size we want it! #
- We escaped the 100 degree weather in Southeast Asia only to come back to DC, where the heat index puts us at 110 for the forseeable future! #
- Dude picked up canned food from his storage unit while drinking vodka& asked if he'll get locked up for having an empty bottle. Missed u DC! #
- Holy crap we missed our apartment! So great to be back home. Living out of a bag didn't bother us too much but having a home is wonderful. #
- Its great to be back home w friends & able to unpack! Excited to play tourist in DC & explore all the places that opened since we left. #
- Leaving Amsterdam on a jet plane. See you in T-10, DC! #
- One year ago today we left DC for our RTW trip. Today we're heading back home all smiles. Looking forward to being back in DC! #
- ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA ITALIA #ITALIA #
- Sat. night in #Vienna danced to Peter Kruder (of Kruder & Dorfmeister)'s DJ set @ Danube Island Music Festival, thought of @theBrownBlazer #
- Sad abt loss of #LonesomeGeorge 100yr-old Galapagos tortoise, last of his species http://t.co/lxvwkjNF http://t.co/1mJgTyyA #LonesomeNoMore #